I am the founder of Bergin Learning Arts, LLC and Whole Child Left Behind research project.
Bergin Learning Arts School of Expressive Arts was founded in 2014 in Portland Oregon. I am the core teacher in the School of Expressive Arts.
Whole Child Left Behind© is a social advocacy organization whose purpose is to explore how personal mythology relates to and influences education, society, culture, and child development. The WCLB project has a documentary film currently in development.
I am a teacher and learner in the interdisciplinary expressive arts field since 1986. My education began in dance and theatre in New York City. My undergraduate degree is in psychology and counseling. My master’s degree is in Movement and Expressive Arts Education, and Early Childhood Development and Education.
Since moving to Portland Oregon in 2008, I have worked in the Portland Public Schools and the Reynolds Schools District – implementing our expressive arts curriculum for children. I work with a range of children (age, economic, behavioral) and combine movement and visual arts for emotional, social, physical and mental development for pre-school through high school.
Bergin Learning Arts School for Expressive Arts Profile
- Teaching Director for Bergin Learning Arts 500-hour Embodied Expressive Arts Education and Therapy Training Program.
- Master Trainer for Oregon Registry providing a 30-hour training program called The Teacher’s Way™ a professional development 5-part series for educators.
Lead teacher for EXA Kids! children’s programs and Parent/Child classes.
- Providing private practice in body-centered therapy/education for adults.
Tamalpa Institute Supervision Staff for Level 3 – providing supervision for students in their final year of expressive arts education and therapy training.
As a performer & movement researcher I offer;
- International Movement Dialogues.
- Performance/presentation and documentary video supporting arts-based research and the process work of movement and expressive arts.
- Guest Facilitation for faculty and students.
- EXA Process Labs in Authentic Contemporary Dance (ACD is an outgrowth of the personal exploratory movement process and framework that comes from movement-based expressive arts therapy and education practices.)
- Visit Lanie Bergin Dance and Environmental Grace Productions.
- M.Ed., Movement and Expressive Arts Education: Early Childhood Development and Education; Lesley University.
- European Graduate School, Saas Fee, Switzerland, Expressive Arts Therapy.
- Movement-based Expressive Arts Education & Therapy; Tamalpa Institute.
- Registered Somatic Movement Therapist & Educator; International Somatic Movement Therapy Association.
- Oregon Registry Master Trainer and CEU provider: Portland State University; The Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care & Education.
- Trauma Practitioner; The Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute.
- Experienced-Registered Yoga Therapy Teacher & Registered Childrens Yoga Teacher and CEU provider; Yoga Alliance Association.
- B.A. Psychology and Dance Education.
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, NYC., Theatre and Dance Education.
Visit us on facebook for current offerings, events and community collaboration!
Find Bergin Learning Arts, LLC on Facebook