Tom McLaren, Director of Operations
I apply my experience in software development, small business management, and visual anthropology as Program Director at Bergin Learning Arts. I’m responsible for contracts, supplier management, web development and the online group activities. I also create the instructional videos and films for Bergin Learning Arts and Lanie Bergin Dance.
I’m a fan of exotic travel as well as the simple hearth and home: My philosophy is that the journey – rather than the destination – is where the discoveries lie. My favorite tool is the camera, because I usually don’t know if I’m multiplying the gifts of the camera, or if the camera is multiplying mine.
- Videography – Parking Lot Pictures
- Facilitator – Writing workshops with Write Around Portland
- Facilitator – Writing workshops with Urban Spirituality Center / Menucha Retreat
- Bass, Songwriting – No Kidding Choir
- Religious Education – Unitarian Church, Portland
- Coach – Youth Soccer, Portland
- Systems Analyst, Instructional Designer – Intel, Standard Insurance